Monday, August 16, 2010

The End of an Era

And so today marks the end of a (thankfully) short career at Staples. That's right, I handed in my notice this week, and it went surprisingly well. Apparently North Hampton's school district starts up within the next few weeks, including their new teacher orientation NEXT Monday, so unfortunately for Staples I'm on a bit of a time crunch for planning and getting everything in order to be a real big person. My manager was surprisingly very cool with the whole ordeal, and I'm only scheduled for 17 hours next week, quite the drop off from my 32 that I've been averaging. We did leave it open for me to return at some point in the near future if things quiet down on the teacher front, but I doubt that will happen.
In other news, today was another historic first for me: it was my first trip to the Dover laundromat. I decided to go to the "Cleary's Cleaners" as I already had my suit dry-cleaned there with fantastic results. Unfortunately their laundromat was an absolute shit show. Apparently they run on these weird "cleaner cards", which was great because I hadn't already stopped at Citizens Bank and gotten $5 worth of quarters (sarcasm). After trading in the coinage for the cash, I then proceeded to awkwardly fiddle with the cash card machine for about ten minutes until a very nice old lady came and walked me through the process. She also walked me through how to use the washer.....and the dryer. Thanks.
All in all, it wasn't all that bad after looking like a complete idiot at the cash card machine. It only took a little over an hour to wash and dry my clothes, and I got a decent junk of The Passage read, which is pretty phenomenal so far. I'm sure I'll be posting more this week as my Staples co-workers all slowly realize that I am leaving them, possibly for forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment