Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Force Is With Me.......and Probably Thousands Of Other Nerds


As I've currently been sitting in employment limbo, I've started taking up different tasks, namely involving contests online that are by far way too complicated, and that no person who is actually employed would ever have time for. The most current contest I've decided to enter is G4's "Star Wars Glitch Hunt" contest.

The prizes for completing this task are:

2 4-Day Tickets To "Star Wars Celebration V"
2 Tickets for that Star Wars Disney Ride (not sure how that works)A Statue from Gentle Giant studios (with my luck it'll be some random Storm Trooper...or the Rancor Keeper from Return Of The Jedi)
An XBox 360 Slim

Of all of these, I'd probably most definitely want the slim, as it would lead to me inevitably getting a PS3 with the cash left over from the trade in of an old 360. However, Star Wars Celebration does sound kind of cool. I mean, you get to hang out with fellow Star Wars nerds, and potentially do a meet in greet with the guy who played Admiral Ackbar! I'm already planning out my new voicemail message for him to say....."Your phone can't contain messages of that magnitude!"

G4 doesn't want to let me get that voice message easily though. The contest is designed to make you search through the "Attack Of The Show" website, Starwars.com, and Starwarscelebration.com and find "Sith Glitches"on each website. I guess Vader and co. hate fun or something, cause they're "attacking" the different celebration sites. I think it's really cause they just don't want sweaty Han Solos and overweight Slave Leias to show up this year.

At first I thought this contest would be impossible, but then I found the first "glitch". You see that sweet Darth Vader icon above? That's the glitch, with A MASSIVE code underneath it. There's four glitches on each site, and the G4 entry page has clues for where the glitches are located. The hints at first made me feel like a complete idiot, but I apparently started the search before Starwars.com got their glitches up. However, now that I've gotten all twelve "glitches" I totally get all of the G4 clues (HINT: all of the G4 ones are located in the "Attack Of The Show" section...or you can just search for all of their Star Wars themed videos). One cool thing about the contest is the you fill out your contact info first, then each glitch you find is another chance to enter the contest. So essentially I've entered in this contest twelve times.
Oh, I've also been contacted by some people who were running a Comic-Con contest....but that is a story for another post. Probably when I've gotten more than one e-mail from them.


1 comment:

  1. I do not understand how that photo is a glitch. explain later please.

    ps nerd :p

    ReplyDelete